HOW TO CHECK A COMPANY NAME IS AVAILABLE IN INDIA
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs is the Indian government Ministry. It is fundamentally concerned with the administration of the Companies Act, Limited Liability Partnership, 2008 and other allied Acts and rules and regulations. These are framed mainly to regulate the functioning of corporate sector.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs is also superintend for administering “The Competition Act, 2002” in order to prevent the business from having an adverse effect on competition and to promote and sustain competition and mainly to protect the interest of the consumers.
Likewise the above administration, it also exercises supervision over the three main professional bodies namely,
- ICAI – Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- ICSI – Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- ICWAI – Institute of Works and Cost Accountants of India
India is the Nation with “Unity in Diversity”. It is seventh largest country and Second most populous democracy in the world. The country India is the 6th largest economy by market exchange rates. India is one of the fastest growing economies. The real GDP growth rate is 7.3% at present. In this era of advancement in technology and companies budding in India, there is a dilemma at present which surrounds every startup, giving unique name to their company.
COMPANY REGISTRATION STATUS
The registration status shown whether the company is legally registered or not. The following details are essential for a company to be registered.
- CIN – Company Identification Number
- Name of the Company
- Company category
- Class of Company
- Date of incorporation
- Authorized and paid up Capital
- Number of members
- Registered address and email
- Assets under charge
- Details of all the directors of the company
PROCEDURE FOR CHECKING AVAILABILITY OF COMPANY NAME
For checking the availability of company name in India, one needs to visit the website of Ministry of Corporate Affairs. www.mca.gov.in, and step by step procedure should be followed.
- Click MCA services tab. The list of MCA services is displayed
- Under the company services, click the check company name menu. The check company or LLP name page is displayed.
- In the company or LLP name field enter the name to be searched. You can enter up to six names to be searched. To add another name click add more names button. A blank field is populated under the company or LLP name field and enter the name of company to be searched. Follow this to check upto six company names.
- In the activity name field, enter the main business of Company or LLP
- Click the search button. The company or LLP names are displayed with brief registration details.
Thus, the availability of the company name in India can be found out easily. Try these steps and find its availability.
“You can, you should, and if you’re
Brave enough to start, you will”