According to the government of India a person or an entity have to pay the service tax when the limit exceed over Rs.9 Lakh and they are supposed to do service tax registration. So the service tax department starts tracks the service tax compliances through the service tax registration. As per the service tax regulations the company service tax registration requires to deposit the service tax, file service returns, compliances are maintained. If suppose any person or entity fails to obtain the service tax registration are wanted to pay penalty based on the section 77 of Finance Act 1994.
In this article we shall see more about the service tax registration procedures along with the details of required documents.
Documents required for the registration
- Submission of proprietor’s or LLP Company’s or Legal entity’s PAN Card self- attested copy
- Required proofs and photographs of the person who is filing for the service tax registration can be as follows:
- PAN Card
- Passport copy
- Voter Identity card
- Aadhar card
- Driving license
- Photo identity
- Any address proof
- No objection certificate from the owner
- MOA and AOA of the company
- Directors list of the company
- Authorization information about the board of directors/partners of the company
- Bank account details of the members in the company
- Directors business transaction numbers is required like the BIN number, VAT, IEC, Central sales tax number, CIN is submitted before filing to the service tax registration
Steps involved for the service tax registration
ST-1 application is filed by the applicant through Automation of Central Exercise and Service tax (ACES) for the registration process. The above discussed documents is required to submit through online also the self-attested copies of all the documents should be registered in speed post for the service tax concerned division within 7 days of time for the verification
Once the documents submitted is completed for verification then the service tax registration is granted within 2 days. Applicant is allowed to use electronic service tax registration as proof and he/she can start electronic payment of taxes
As a part of verification for the following cases the service tax department can revoke the certificate:
- If the premises is not existent or in possession
- If the documents are no longer received within 15 days of filed date of service tax registration.
- Sometimes the documents may not be correct for the verification
With the above steps your company can be registered with service tax and our expert from Corproots will assist you more details for safer service tax registration.